Rotary District 1100's Website for Group Study Exchange to Sri Lanka - January 29th to February 26th, 2011
Sri Lanka Time: UK Time:

Tuesday 7 December 2010

(Not) Our Biggest Challenge So Far

John blogs ...

We've made real progress as a team, and are getting to be more easy with each other as each meeting and conversation passes which is very encouraging. Thanks everyone for engaging so positively.


Whom I kidding?
 Our biggest challenge so far must be in finding a suitable Team Uniform and 'corporate' style for formal and informal times on our exchange.  I've managed to purchase a very appropriate suit (well I would say that wouldn't I!) which leaves the women with the enviable task of matching their Team Suits to my colour of dark navy. By the quantity of conversation and excitement observed at last evening's Team Meeting I can safely assume they will readily rise to the challenge when they all go shopping next week at The Mall. Watch out Bristol! I've agreed to let them buy a very colourful tie for me - this may have been a bit rash on my part.

An easier job which I volunteered to undertake ... I've had excellent prices quoted for navy-coloured polo-shirts with embroidered logos and t-shirts with printed logos from a local firm in Olveston called Linela Embroidery Limited (a blatant plug for them, but they're worth it for the service they're promising to provide). Emily's partner is a web/graphic designer and has offered help with our Team logo - thanks Andrew.

This'll move us into a good position for getting Team Photos taken for our Business Cards and Blog etc.

Still plenty to get organised in a short time ... less than 2 months to take off! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment