Rotary District 1100's Website for Group Study Exchange to Sri Lanka - January 29th to February 26th, 2011
Sri Lanka Time: UK Time:

Wednesday 3 November 2010

Congratulations from GSE Chair

I have been following the progress of the Group through the Blog and I am very impressed with the development to date. Richard, your blog reminded me of the horror of having to do reflective learning studies in my current degree course having after 55 years of successful secondary and professional studies without trying to understand how I learnt!. Emily, I had not realised that you hail from the old capital of the Hwicce, and I wonder if you were aware that there was a county called Winchcombeshire, which unfortunately only lasted for 70-80 years, but when?
I will be following your progress with interest and look forward to meeting you all again soon.
Garth

1 comment:

  1. Hi Garth,
    Yes, I do hail from the Hwicce Kingdom of the Anglo-Saxons!
    I believe Winchcombeshire was in the 10th and 11th century and I infact attended Winchcombe secondary school :)
    If any of you have not visited Winchcombe....then it is worth seeing, especially Sudeley Castle where King Henry Vlll lived. Very interesting and pretty place.
    Hope to see you soon Garth
    Emily

    ReplyDelete