Rotary District 1100's Website for Group Study Exchange to Sri Lanka - January 29th to February 26th, 2011
Sri Lanka Time: UK Time:

Thursday 4 November 2010

The Story So Far

Having been part of the team for only a few days its become clear that I am going to learn a great deal from this experience. Having successfully (I hope!) introduced myself to blogging it feels like a good time to sum up the story so far.

I found that the assessment day was a great chance to hear more about the exchange and having spent time with the other applicants I came away feeling desperate to be involved. Needless to say I was somewhat disappointed when I received a phone call from Garth letting me know I didn't make the team - I genuinely thought he was being polite when he told me it was a close call. The emotional roller-coaster started again when John called me a few weeks later to ask me to take up the position as team reserve....

Having mulled it over I am delighted to be involved and am determined to enjoy the experience - however far it takes me. The team made me feel very welcome at the meeting on Monday so thanks to you all.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone, learning more about Rotary and Sri Lanka so let the journey continue!

Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment